THE BERKELEY TENNIS CLUB FOUNDATION
1 Tunnel Road
Berkeley, CA 94705
About the Foundation
The Berkeley Tennis Foundation was established in October, 2007, as a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation. It is the charitable arm of the Berkeley Tennis Club.
The foundation runs tennis tournaments, events and receives donations. Since 2007, it has contributed over $60,000 to such programs as the Youth Tennis Advantage (YTA), the Northern California Tennis Wheelchair Association, and such local community programs as the restoration of the Berkeley High School tennis courts.
In addition, it provides private tennis lessons and tennis camp scholarships to financially challenged juniors, and give travel assistance to Berkeley Tennis Club junios who play national tournaments.
The foundation is committed to:
- promoting the sport of tennis through tennis competitions and tennis education;
- making charitable contributions to organizations unaffiliated with the Berkeley Tennis Club that promote tennis amoung children and disabled persons
- The Berkeley Tennis Club Foundation can "personalize" your giving by setting up a memorial fund to honor a loved one.
- You can designate, within the Foundation's Mission, the direction of your fund as it is distributed.
- Donations are made out to the Berkeley Tennis Club Foundation, 1 Tunnel Road, Berkeley, CA 94705, and are tax deductible. The Foundation's tax ID # is 11-3826992.
- No amount is too small.
Board of Directors
The Berkeley Tennis Club Foundation Board of Directors consists of:
- Elizabeth Kibbey Adams, President
- Stephen Langmaid, Treasurer
- Wendy Markel, Secretary
- David Chang, Board Member
- Alissa Yee, Board Member
- Lynne Rolley, Board Member
- Morten Christensen, Board Member
- John Lyman, Honorary Member
We would like to thank all of our contributors for their generous donations.