Tennis. Tradition. Today.
Dear Prospective Berkeley Tennis Club Member,
The most compelling benefit of our club is that you will have the chance to thoroughly immerse yourself in tennis – to find many new playing partners, activities, instruction and more. Ours is a community devoted to those who love this sport.
No matter what your skill level, you will be able to find men and women who enjoy playing tennis. Be it in the morning, afternoon or evening, on weekdays and weekends, Berkeley Tennis Club is constantly alive with the sounds of tennis balls being hit on the courts.
This passion and engagement with tennis are heavily driven by our members. From social events to league teams, informal matches, night-time parties and special events, Berkeley Tennis Club is very much a member-driven club. Should you join, you’ll have the chance to rapidly plug into our wide range of fellow tennis lovers and active club committees.
Our members also value the informal way court times are arranged. Unlike other facilities, at Berkeley Tennis Club, there is no need to sign up for courts in advance. In the vast majority of cases, members merely show up as they wish and get on a court promptly. Occasionally, during such heavy times as weekend mornings, there is a short waiting period.
Berkeley Tennis Club also offers a Fitness Center and a beautiful 25-yard pool underneath the historic Claremont Hotel. The Fitness Center has a complete cardio training facility, strength training with machines and free weights. Individual training sessions from qualified trainers are available, in addition, we have fitness classes such as Yoga, Tai Chi, Stretch Release and Zumba. The aquatic amenities include recreational swimming, lap swimming, MASTERS, private and youth group lessons which are available to all members. Our clubhouse offers a quaint cafe where members and guests can enjoy sandwiches, salads, soup, drinks, and snacks.
On behalf of the Management, Members, and Board of Directors we invite you to apply for membership at Berkeley Tennis Club. At any time you need membership assistance, we encourage you to contact Sonia Steverson, our Membership Liasion: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Memberships ( ages 35 and up) available for single, individual, couple or family memberships
- Single Memberships are only available to unmarried applicants
- Couple Memberships are available to married applicants with no children under the age of 25 or Registered Domestic Partners with no children under the age of 25
- Family Memberships are available for those whose household includes at least one adult and one or more children under the age of 25
- Associate Memberships (ages 25-34) are available for single, couple or family memberships
- Individual Memberships (ages 35 and up) are available for adults whose family members will not be included as a dependent member(s)
- Junior Membership (ages 12 – 24) are available for juniors and their parents do not need to have membership
- Swim memberships available for single, couple or family memberships
The Application Process
Membership to Berkeley Tennis Club requires a sponsor from a club member. If you do not know a member, please contact our Membership Liasion, Sonia Steverson at email@example.com
, for assistance. Once the sponsor submits your application and sponsor letter, you will be put on a waitlist and will receive communications about waitlist privileges and the membership process.